Sound Massage Explained
A sound massage produces harmonious sounds and gentle vibrations creating a space for deep healing relaxation. During a full sound massage, singing bowls are placed on key areas of the body to complete the circuit of vibrational flow throughout the body. As the sound travels, your body naturally absorbs the specific frequencies that it needs.
During a sound massage the brain enters into the alpha-state, which is the state commonly experienced between waking and sleeping.
In this state, our breath becomes quieter and deeper, and we begin to let go. In letting go, we can get rid of worries, problems, blockages, and disease. We find a new harmony where clarity and healing can occur of mind, body, and soul.
What To Expect
- The intention is to provide you with a safe and comfortable space to experience deep relaxation.
- During a sound massage, up to three singing bowls will be positioned on your body at the same time, and will be “played” gently with a mallet.
- As the singing bowls are played, your focus will drift to the waves of sound and you will feel the soothing vibrations travel through your body, massaging every cell.
- The Peter Hess® singing bowls produce a wide range of tones.
- Your body absorbs the frequencies that it needs.
- During a full sound massage you start lying on your stomach.
- Halfway through, you will be asked to turn over on your back.
- The sound massage session lasts about 40 minutes.
- After the sound massage is over, a short time of calm reflection will take place.
- There will then be an opportunity to reflect on the experience with the practitioner with a brief conversation.
A New Order After Relaxation
Relaxation through sound massage can result in effortless detachment from all stress, tension, and inner blockages. Free of your problems, you can achieve an emptiness of mind that leads to new levels of creativity, order, and harmony.
You will be able to become an observer of your own life and surroundings. With a fresh perspective you can be inspired by new solutions and positive growth.
Sound therapy benefits people of all ages as it strengthens the immune system and is helpful for overall wellness.
Learn. Train. Grow.
Whether you are a massage therapist, spa owner, energy healer, physical therapist, psychologist, medical practitioner, teacher, or curious individual there are so many practical applications for implementing singing bowls and sound massage methods into your existing professional practice.
- Massage Therapy
- Spa Treatments
- Energy Healing
- Affirmation and Visualization Exercises
- Physical Therapy
- Pain, Tension, Chronic Disorders, Neurological Disorders
- Sports Training / Rehabilitation
- Overall Wellness
- Self Development
- Psychological Therapy